Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Night Light


I've got this restless feeling, last night I couldn't sleep
Laid there stirring at the ceiling, heard every sound, every peep
See my mind was really racing, didn't know what it was chasing
Got up looked into the mirror, didn't know who I was facing
I saw a lot of disappointment due to failed expectations
Discouragement had crept into my mind to become
a contiguous situation.

Then I remembered that in this life disappointment is unavoidable
Being discouraged is only temporary and very unpredictable
So I had to change my mindset, and take a few steps back
Somehow I had slipped off into the red, time to get back to the black

Cause once my spirit had cried inside until it couldn't cry anymore
And the confidence I'd carried thus far in life seemed shaken to its core
I had to slow my roll, and go inside where my soul and spirit was fed
And a voice said "Son I've heard your prayers" relax and go back to bed!

©2012 Thomas L. White III

1 comment:

  1. At times in the very stillness of the night when everything and everyone is at rest...except for you and "God" he speaks!! Even when everything around seems so chaotic its only for a season!! God is telling you this season is almost over...beautiful Thomas! Peace & Blessings

    ReplyDelete