Thursday, November 3, 2011

Counterpunching Devil

 

You see I like everyone else have these self-destructive impulses
That goes along side of the accomplishments I'm most proud of
Often I've found myself on the dark side when my intentions were purely love,
Sank to wicked depths when my goal was only to rise above

But you see, I'm only human and we humans are creatures of habit
Like Peter Rabbit...we hop through life learning half the lessons
Hoping we'll get through the other half with a few mere blessings
Still I try to take my consciousness to the seventh level
But it's usually three toward GOD and four back toward the DEVIL

So I'll keep on pushing forward determined to stay on the GODS track
I'm shooting elbows at the DEVILS head ... but damn
The DEVIL keeps counterpunching back!

©2012 Thomas L. White III

2 comments:

  1. Very Insightful. I love the reference to the 'seventh level'

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Forealsister I want to thank you for checking this piece, your feedback is so very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete